Thursday, March 1, 2018
Neonatal Sew-in, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
(There will be a business meeting at 1:00 and 7:00)
- The guild will supply fabric for the quilt tops and backs, batting and an atmosphere of encouragement, fun and collaboration. (if you have your own fabric that you prefer, feel free to bring it.)
- You should bring your sewing machine (don’t forget the cords and foot pedal.) If you need help getting your machine from the car to the basement, there will be someone available to help.
- If you’d rather not bring your machine, there are other non-machine jobs to participate in: cutting batting, hand sewing binding and labels and pinning.
- If hand sewing, please bring your own sewing kit.
- Everyone should be responsible for their own lunch. You can bring one or find a friend and go out if you’d like.
- We welcome you to bring a snack to share, healthy or desserty. We’ll supply drinks.
- Don’t forget to bring your “baby bundle” quilt, completed. When you do, your name goes in a basket for a chance to be drawn for a special gift.
- Completed quilts will be numbered, displayed, and voted on with 1st and 2nd places
awarded special prizes.
- Those of you who are able to attend in the evening, you may focus on the hand sewing and pinning if you’d rather not bring your machine. Evening “baby bundle” participants will have their own special drawing too!
GUIDELINES FOR NEONATAL QUILTS
- Finished quilts should 44 x 56 inches (to cover incubators)
- Work by yourself or with a friend
- Choose your favorite pattern (panels also work great)
- Use fabric in the bundle, you may also use additional fabric if you wish
- SQG will furnish the batting when the quilt is finished
- Please do not return any leftover fabric
- Bring your completed quilt to the March Guild meeting. All the quilts will be displayed. If your top is not quilted, please have it ready to be quilted, top, batting, backing and pinned.