The medallions for the quilt show ribbons are due to be handed in at the March meeting. Contact Becky Harvey with any questions.
The Neo-natal Sew-in is March 7th. We are low on inventory of quilts to take to the hospitals due to no meeting in February. Please be sure to turn in finished quilts at the March sew-in and consider making one while we’re iced/snowed in this month.
- The sew-in will be from 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. at Bethesda Covenant Church.
- You are responsible for your own lunch … brown bag or take a break and go out.
- You are welcome to bring a snack/treat to share.
- Bring your sewing machine and usual sewing supplies. Cutting mats and irons will be provided. You may want to bring your own rotary cutter.
- If you don’t want to bring your machine, bring hand sewing supplies for sewing bindings and labels.
- Bring your completed baby quilts. You can elect to display your quilt and the one with the most votes will win a prize.
- Bring your own fabric or select fabric from our quilt stash. Kits will also be available.
- We will be teaching string quilting using used dryer sheets as the base. If you’d like to participate, bring strips between 1″ and 2.5″ (the longer the better) and used dryer sheets.
- Any questions, please contact Norma Copes.