Thursday, March 7th: Neo-natal Sew-in (Business meeting at 1:00 and 7:00)
- The sew-in will be from 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. at Bethesda Covenant Church.
- You are responsible for your own lunch … brown bag or take a break and go out.
- You are welcome to bring a snack/treat to share.
- Bring your sewing machine and usual sewing supplies. Cutting mats and irons will be provided. You may want to bring your own rotary cutter.
- If you don’t want to bring your machine, bring hand sewing supplies for sewing bindings and labels.
- Bring your completed baby quilts. You can elect to display your quilt and the one with the most votes will win a prize.
- Bring your own fabric or select fabric from our quilt stash. Kits will also be available.
- We will be teaching string quilting using used dryer sheets as the base. If you’d like to participate, bring strips between 1″ and 2.5″ (the longer the better) and used dryer sheets.
- Any questions, please contact Norma Copes.
IMPORTANT QUILT SHOW INFO:
Our Quilt Show Kick-Off will be presented at the March guild meetings at 1:00 and 7:00 PM. We are now less than 2 months away to our quilt show – May 4 & 5, 2019! Quilt registration continues through the April guild meetings, Color Challenge banners and ribbon medallions are due at the March guild meetings. Silent Auction items and Lovable Leftovers Boutique donations will continue to be collected, and volunteer sign-ups will continue. We appreciate all your efforts to make the quilt show successful, as it funds our programs and speakers for two years.
Our raffle quilt will be on display for one day at the International Quilt Festival in Rosemont on March 28, 2019. In exchange for the opportunity to sell raffle tickets and advertise our quilt show, we need guild volunteers during the Festival – March 28-30. As a Quilt Angel, you are assigned an area to watch that people don’t touch the quilts. Shifts are 2 hours, and you have FREE admission for the entire day you work. We still have 2 open times for Thursday March 28, and 2 open times on Friday March 29. Please consider giving time to our guild in this way. Sign up sheet will be at Guild this week. Thank you.
An Event has been added to our Facebook page. If you’re on Facebook, please click the Share button on the Event to spread the word.
Phyllis Campbell, Quilt Show Chair