The medallions for the quilt show ribbons are due to be handed in at the March meeting. Contact Becky Harvey with any questions.
The Neo-natal Sew-in is March 7th. We are low on inventory of quilts to take to the hospitals due to no meeting in February. Please be sure to turn in finished quilts at the March sew-in and consider making one while we’re iced/snowed in this month.
- The sew-in will be from 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. at Bethesda Covenant Church.
- You are responsible for your own lunch … brown bag or take a break and go out.
- You are welcome to bring a snack/treat to share.
- Bring your sewing machine and usual sewing supplies. Cutting mats and irons will be provided. You may want to bring your own rotary cutter.
- If you don’t want to bring your machine, bring hand sewing supplies for sewing bindings and labels.
- Bring your completed baby quilts. You can elect to display your quilt and the one with the most votes will win a prize.
- Bring your own fabric or select fabric from our quilt stash. Kits will also be available.
- We will be teaching string quilting using used dryer sheets as the base. If you’d like to participate, bring strips between 1″ and 2.5″ (the longer the better) and used dryer sheets.
- Any questions, please contact Norma Copes.
The mini-morning workshop and the meetings at 1:00 and 7:00 are cancelled today, along with tomorrow’s workshop. Stay in and sew!
Thursday, February 7th:
Mini-Morning Workshop: Fidget quilts to sell at the quilt show. (9:30-11:30 a.m., Bethesda Covenant Church) Materials will be provided except for a piece of backing fabric. Finished fidget quilt will be 20″x20″.
Backing fabric (finished size 20″x20″)
Standard sewing supplies
Program: Beth Helfter (website)
Beth is a quilter and designer with EvaPaige Quilt Designs. She promises lots of quilts and her journey as a quilt designer. Click HERE to read more about Beth and her workshop.
1:00 and 7:00 p.m., Bethesda Covenant Church
Friday, February 8th:
Workshop with Beth Helfter – Kickin’ Stash
Click HERE for supply list. 9:30-4:00 at Swedish American Hospital, 1401 East State Street
Saturday, February 9th:
Cherry Valley Library Workshop: Bring your own project to work on and bring a friend. NOTE TIME CHANGE: 12:30-5:00 p.m.
CONGRATULATIONS to Lori Dickman who is a finalist in the National Quilt Museum’s New Quilts from an Old Favorite: Oak Leaf and Reel challenge!! Her quilt and the rest of the finalists/winners will be on display at the museum during Quilt Week.
The October/November newsletter has been posted. Click HERE.
Comfort Quilts: The October 1st gathering to work on comfort quilts at the Quilters General Store has been cancelled since we have many tops completed. (These are given to our members if they have lost a spouse or have serious medical issues.)
We need four volunteers to help us get these tops quilted. Please contact Anne Brown or Vicki Tallacksen if you would like to quilt one for us. If you do not care to do the binding, we will take care of that. We will have the quilts at the October 4th meeting.
Thanks, Anne and Vicki
There has been some confusion about prices for the retreat, and we have posted a new registration form. If you are going to sign up for the November retreat and have not registered yet, please use the new form (click HERE). If you have already signed up for the retreat, there is no need to send in a new form.
Thank you, Monica and Marie
The registration form is now available for the 11th Annual Quilter’s Retreat – Patchwork by the Lake, November 8-11, 2018. Click HERE to download and print the form.
Contact Marie Tovo with questions.
Two members’ husbands have recently passed away … Linda Egeland’s husband, David, on May 14th and Janet Lotter’s husband, Rick, on June 8th.