The medallions for the quilt show ribbons are due to be handed in at the March meeting. Contact Becky Harvey with any questions.
The Neo-natal Sew-in is March 7th. We are low on inventory of quilts to take to the hospitals due to no meeting in February. Please be sure to turn in finished quilts at the March sew-in and consider making one while we’re iced/snowed in this month.
- The sew-in will be from 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. at Bethesda Covenant Church.
- You are responsible for your own lunch … brown bag or take a break and go out.
- You are welcome to bring a snack/treat to share.
- Bring your sewing machine and usual sewing supplies. Cutting mats and irons will be provided. You may want to bring your own rotary cutter.
- If you don’t want to bring your machine, bring hand sewing supplies for sewing bindings and labels.
- Bring your completed baby quilts. You can elect to display your quilt and the one with the most votes will win a prize.
- Bring your own fabric or select fabric from our quilt stash. Kits will also be available.
- We will be teaching string quilting using used dryer sheets as the base. If you’d like to participate, bring strips between 1″ and 2.5″ (the longer the better) and used dryer sheets.
- Any questions, please contact Norma Copes.
The mini-morning workshop and the meetings at 1:00 and 7:00 are cancelled today, along with tomorrow’s workshop. Stay in and sew!
Thursday, February 7th:
Mini-Morning Workshop: Fidget quilts to sell at the quilt show. (9:30-11:30 a.m., Bethesda Covenant Church) Materials will be provided except for a piece of backing fabric. Finished fidget quilt will be 20″x20″.
Backing fabric (finished size 20″x20″)
Standard sewing supplies
Program: Beth Helfter (website)
Beth is a quilter and designer with EvaPaige Quilt Designs. She promises lots of quilts and her journey as a quilt designer. Click HERE to read more about Beth and her workshop.
1:00 and 7:00 p.m., Bethesda Covenant Church
Friday, February 8th:
Workshop with Beth Helfter – Kickin’ Stash
Click HERE for supply list. 9:30-4:00 at Swedish American Hospital, 1401 East State Street
Saturday, February 9th:
Cherry Valley Library Workshop: Bring your own project to work on and bring a friend. NOTE TIME CHANGE: 12:30-5:00 p.m.
CONGRATULATIONS to Lori Dickman who is a finalist in the National Quilt Museum’s New Quilts from an Old Favorite: Oak Leaf and Reel challenge!! Her quilt and the rest of the finalists/winners will be on display at the museum during Quilt Week.
The February/March newsletter has been posted. Click HERE.
TITLE: Says Jan./Feb. 2019, but this is the Feb./Mar. issue.
PAGE 11: The June speaker is Lori Dickman.
PAGE 11: Recipe – The 3/4 cups powdered sugar is NOT mixed in. It is used for the dusting after the square are cut.
IMPORTANT QUILT SHOW INFO/REMINDERS
The quilt show is just 4 months away.
- Lovable Leftovers Boutique begins collecting item donations at the January meetings through the April meetings.
- Volunteer sign-ups for the Friday show set-up will begin at the January meetings.
- Pick up your raffle quilt tickets at the meetings if you haven’t already done so.
- The color banner challenge quilts are due at the January 3rd meetings.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 3rd
Mini-Morning Workshop: Scrappy Snowball table runner. Click HERE for details and supply list. 9:30-11:30 a.m., Bethesda Covenant Church
Program: Kevin Huffman (aka Kevin the Quilter) (website)
Quilting is in Kevin’s blood! He has been affiliated with quilting since the tender age of 4, having a grandmother that allowed him to participate in the making of quilts, and 2 great aunts who encouraged him to develop his quilting skills. Kevin had been a flight attendant for the past 18 years and rediscovered quilting as his therapy and passion on long layovers. Kevin is a complete fabric utilitarian and is a budding blogosphere personality. He revisits his childhood through his works of art. Kevin the Quilter is the proud parent of two Boston Terriers, one really fluffy cat and a coop full of poultry.
1:00 and 7:00 p.m., Bethesda Covenant Church
FRIDAY, JANUARY 4th
Workshop with Kevin – Stringed Star
Click HERE for supply list. 9:30-4:00, Swedish American Hospital, 1401 East State Street
The December/January newsletter has been posted. Click HERE.
Our Christmas potluck is December 6th at 1:00 and 7:00 p.m. Bring your show and tell and food as follows:
If your last name begins with:
We will also be playing games and you will need to bring twelve 2 1/2″ x WOF strips.
Hearty appetizers and desserts
Something to write with for a partner activity
Thursday, November 1st:
Mini-morning Workshop: Christmas disappearing nine patch table runner. It will make a wonderful, quick and easy last minute gift. The pattern is from Rose Bohn with a little tweaking. 9:30-11:30, Bethesda Covenant Church
24- 5” squares of various holiday prints
½ yard dark green tone on tone or solid fabric (cut fabric into 1 ½” wide strips the WOF)
Sewing machine and sewing kit
Program: Pat Speth from Nickel Quilts. 1:00 and 7:00 p.m., Bethesda Covenant Church
November 2, 2018:
Workshop: Nickel Quilts with Pat Speth. Click HERE for supply list. 9:30 a.m., Swedish American Heart Hospital
November 10, 2018:
Cherry Valley Library Workshop (SPAM): Bring your own project to work on. Cherry Valley Library. NOTE TIME CHANGE – 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.