In preparation for the new racks we need to clean out the storage unit in Caledonia. We need volunteers for June 20, 9-4 pm (approx.). Please let Bonnie Hodina or Roberta Suess know if you can help – all help is greatly appreciated. Lunch will be provided.
- July – Ice Cream Social, more details to come.
- Aug- Board Members trunk show
- September- Friday September 8th the guild will be sponsoring an bus trip to the Great Wisconsin Quilt Show (formerly known as Quilt Expo) in Madison, WI. The cost is $35 and includes the buss& your admission ticket to the show. Payment must be made when you sign up. Call, text or email Robin Gauseback if you are interested. More details as we get closer to September.
June 3 SPAM project will be the “Sew Together Bag” . You will need the pattern – available from Lucky Quilt or Sunshine Stitches. The instructor is Barb Clucas. Please check the pattern for fabric and notions. Location: Cherry Valley Library, Time: 9:30-4:30pm
Once again, it’s that time of the year to honor our Leader with President blocks. Coleen O’Kane has requested a red and white quilt. Because Coleen has chosen a specific pattern, we are going to do things a little differently. This year you will be able to choose if you want to make Block #1, Block #2 or a 4 patch using gradations of reds and whites. Because a specific number of each blocks are needed, you will need to sign up to get the instructions for the specific block you have chosen. It is being done this way to ensure that Coleen is receiving the correct amount of blocks so she can complete her desired quilt. Please contact Becky Harvey at 815-742-7013 to make arrangements to receive your packet of instructions. Thank you!
- June Birthday girls, start your banners!!! If you need instructions check out the Quilt show page on this website.
Raffle Quilt Update
- A big “Thank You” to everyone who helped with the Raffle Quilt! The top is done and will be quilted in May. Once the license is approved, tickets will be available for sale. If you are interested in visiting other guilds to promote our quilt show let the committee know! Silvia Vaughn ,Sandy Pyper & Becky Harvey
- We plan to post a picture of the quilt to the website instead of printing copies. We will list the website on the ticket.